-->

Saturday, April 19, 2014

April 19. Day 109. As good as it gets

George Orwell had Room 101. JK Rowling had the Boggart. These were the living embodiment of a person’s worst nightmare; being confronted with thing we fear most in the whole world. I know what would be in that room and even to speak of it brings a lump to my throat and tears to my eyes. I can not go there. But what about the opposite? What if there was a Room 202? This room would not just be like the Room of Requirement in Hogwarts that brings you what you need at the time. This would be the room that represented not only want you need but what you love. This would be utopia. I would call that room Beach Access 30. A long uninterrupted sandy beach represents just about everything that is good in the world. The smell of sun screen, the sand between your toes, the warm water lapping at your feet. It is not possible to feel sad, or mad or bad on a warm sunny day on the sand. Well I can’t anyway. The shrieks of the children as they charge down the dunes, the way the dog’s ears are pinned back as he charges after the ball, the laughter as families roll in the surf or jump on a newly-constructed sand castles. The whole Garden of Eden thing may have been ruined by a woman and an apple but there is no spoiling the beach in the Bible according to Susan. This is as good as life gets.



3 comments:

  1. I love the sound of room 202. Great action photos as always and what joy in their faces as they dive towards the soft sand. Thank you for sharing on Country Kids

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow how did they go that high? This is such a fun photo and those smiles on their faces> priceless =) #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant pics! That looks such fun! I'm going to think about my room 202 now if I need a dose of positive thinking. :) #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete