-->

Monday, February 4, 2013

February 4. Day 35. A duck out of water

Many mothers think I'm crazy when I say I love school holidays. I especially love them when I'm on holidays too. It's such a balancing act the working mother business.
For the most part you just get on and do it because, frankly, what else are you going to do?
But trying to do the best by your family, your employer and yourself is a test I'm telling you.
After the long, long summer break the routine is gone and truth be told we are all struggling a bit in my household to get it back - I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who feels not only like a duck out of water but without a leg to stand on.
As the rhetorical question goes "does a one legged duck swim round in circles?"
To be fair, this duck I photographed at the Roma Street Parklands this morning has two legs. It has just chosen to take one up under its wing. There's a second leg there when the situation calls for it.
So hopefully I will soon stop feeling like I'm swimming round and round in circles. Fortunately there are plenty around me I can always rely on to take me under their wings for a bit until that happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment