-->

Sunday, February 24, 2013

February 24. Day 55. Patience Grasshopper

 
"My dear young fellow," the Old-Green-Grasshopper said gently, "there are a whole lot of things in this world of ours you haven't started wondering about yet." Roald Dahl ·
If a grasshopper tries to fight a lawnmower, one may admire his courage but not his judgement. Robert A. Heinlein  
"Patience young Grasshopper"
The Karate Kid
Knee-high to a grasshopper
Democratic Review 1851
"Right, I'm going to act like a grasshopper and spring into action"
Susan Hetherington
Along with "Hurry up we are going to be late" and "turn that thing down" threatening to spring into action is one of my most common phrases. Generally this is followed by at least five more minutes of slugging on the couch or in bed before finally getting moving in a motion that far closer resembles earth worm than grasshopper. Actually it probably resembles someone who has spent many hours consuming grasshoppers the night before and you can't blame a person for that. It's a damn fine cocktail the grasshopper.
Anyway, I am truly showing my gardening-free credentials by saying that I love grasshoppers (the insects and the cocktails).
There is something about their shape and their motion that is singularly attractive.
How could you not like this little bloke who decided my washing was a very fine place to take a rest this morning?
I liked the detail of the little hairs on his legs in the shot crawling across my husband's shirt but the clothes peg shot showed off his size so you get two for the price of one today. The next frame was an empty clothes peg as Mr Grasshopper sprang into action with a whole lot more flair and grace than I ever manage.


No comments:

Post a Comment