-->

Saturday, March 21, 2015

March 21. Day 80. The show must go on



It would have been just awesome had it been a production of Singin' in the Rain - but it wasn't at least not according to the program. What I was seeing was Fame Theatre Company's annual open clubs performance an event I have now attended in my role of Dance Mum for 13 straight years. A  veteran audience member I may be but this was a first. A combination of a wicked Queensland storm and a leaking roof meant it was raining on stage. But like the stoic little performers they all are they carried on regardless with just a few brief wipe-the-stage breaks. As every true performer knows The Show Must Go On. I admit I may have smiled when the littlest group were singing "catch a falling star and put it in your pocket. Save it for a rainy day"  while the roof leaked on them. That's the great thing about live performance - you never know what you're going to get on the night.




No comments:

Post a Comment