-->

Thursday, March 6, 2014

March 6. Day 65. Great therapy

We have this Thursday afternoon tradition (where tradition means we have done it three weeks in a row now). We take the dogs and head to Nudgee Beach. The joy of the dogs is obvious and while I am a little less exuberant in my display of joy I can tell you it is no less real. It is such a release. We paddle and play and splash and just breathe in the sea air. The beach is good for the soul - and let me tell you it is far less expensive than other forms of therapy. Today's agenda involved $228 for a psychologist and $250 for a psychiatrist. If I wasn't depressed before I sure was afterwards. My $228 psychologist bill bought me the sage advice that my emotional cup is full and needs to be replenished. Writing may release my thoughts. I'm not sure that writing about how much the therapy annoyed me was what she had in mind but still I am doing what I'm told. At least the psychiatrist offered drugs. Truth is I reckon getting back on an even keel may need combination therapy and the beach has to be part of that therapy. It's cheaper than therapy and with less side effects than drugs. I won't even bill you for that advice.







4 comments:

  1. Oh, a beautiful (newish!) tradition. That is a lot of cash, and I like that you're doing as you're told here! Gorgeous photos x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sound advice - but what a price! The beach is the place to be for some mind, body and soul therapy. Thanks for linking up and sharing your fab photos with Country Kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fab photographs! I love the last one particularly! #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the photos, such happy abandon! I think the beach sounds like an excellent treatment :) #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete