-->

Thursday, March 13, 2014

March 13. Day 72. Spineless


As a fan of musical theatre it is unsurprising that I have a great love for both The Wizard of Oz and its spin-off Wicked to the extent that I sometimes wonder if I am more a cowardly lion, a heartless tin man or a brainless scarecrow. In truth, I think I am more a spineless jellyfish. Courage under fire I might have, but the spine to stand up for myself is missing. It goes like this. Today I returned The Fed to my brother and we again became a one dog family. I'd decided some time back that this is the way it should be but did I say so? Of course I didn't even though there was mention of more travel in three weeks. Why? Well because
1)  I'm spineless
2) Family roots, like those of mangroves, run deep and you do what you can to help. It's a rule
and
3) Much as my baby Rumple loved romping at Nudgee Beach this afternoon I just knew he'd enjoy it more with a fur friend.
The truth is that like family members without fur, Rumple and The Fed have issues. Fed has a bit of a tendency to take over and clearly that puts Rumple's cold, wet and adorable nose out of joint. But that being said they love each other's company and enjoy nothing more than trips to the dog park and the beach together.
So for now we'll enjoy the quiet life knowing that it might only be temporary. You don't get to choose your family and so it is with Fed. He choose us. I'd go to jelly at the suggestion it be any other way.

1 comment: