-->

Thursday, January 30, 2014

January 30. Day 30 We'll cross that bridge

How wise was the person who first said "we'll cross that bridge when we come to it".
I admire that person but I almost never follow his or her advice. If preemptive bridge crossing was an Olympic sport, I'd be a gold medalist.
Yes it is true that forewarned is forearmed and there is real value to being a good little Girl Guide and always being prepared.
But worrying about things that might never happen is just a waste of emotional energy.
If I approach a metaphoric river, I am imagining how to deal with a bridge that has washed away, or is being guarded by trolls or is about to be blown up by invading tribes (it is possible I watch too many movies). And guess what? Never have I come to a bridge that is anything I couldn't safely cross. Who would have thought? This afternoon it was the Eleanor Schonnel  Bridge and my passage was totally uneventful. And on the return journey I got to enjoy a beautiful sunset over the bridge. I might cross that bridge when I come to it more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment