-->

Friday, January 10, 2014

January 10. Day 10. Clouds

Rows and flows of angel hair
ice cream castles in the air
feather canyons everywhere
I've looked at clouds that way

But now they only block the sun
They rain and snow on everyone
So many things I would have done
But clouds got in my way
 
Are these not the most beautiful lyrics ever written? And so, so true. Some days we can see the magic in everything. Some days the storm clouds just seem to gather, no matter what the weather.
I've been seeing more than my fair share of storm clouds over recent months. I admit, anything approaching a sunny disposition has been horribly and uncharacteristically elusive. I hate that. It sucks.
But this year will be better. It has to be. Drugs and therapy and time and space and it will be better.
And for the record when I looked at the clouds from my back deck this afternoon it was an angel hair, ice cream castle, feather canyon type of sky I saw. That has to be a start, right? 

2 comments:

  1. I've not sung that in ages and just had to - goosebump city! It's a stunning picture and I love your words too. Here's to looking up

    ReplyDelete