-->

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

July 4. Day 186. Shout it, shout it, shout it out loud

Normally I would spend State of Origin night hiding from any broadcast but tonight I suspect there will be no avoiding it.
I will have a house full of Origin-loving fans most of them children and children, in my experience, have no volume switch. This could just be a manufacturing fault in the model of child I own but to this point  I have yet to be convinced that children are capable of any volume other than loud or extra loud.
But let's face it children are not the only ones capable of shouting it from the roof top especially when it comes to barracking for their favourite sports team. This is ABC broadcaster Steve Austin this morning showing how the "Queenslander" chant is done.
I've said it before that I don't buy the whole Queenslander thing but I do admire the football fans' passion. I just don't get it. It's just not cricket. Now that's a game worth shouting about. Bring on the Ashes....

No comments:

Post a Comment