-->

Monday, July 30, 2012

July 30 Day 212. Grounded

Normally this is the deep end of the swimming pool at South Bank. You can still see the lane rope in one of the puddles. The whole area is fenced off for maintenance and the Ibis is standing on a patch of sand that would normally be well submerged. It's grounded.
Grounded. I was talking to a mum on the weekend whose teenage son has been grounded, possibly for the term of his natural life.
In what sounds like a script from a US teen flick, the teen took advantage of mum and dad being away to host a party. Naturally he was sprung. Naturally he is now paying.
My son is not yet at the age where he would try that one if for no other reason than the fact that he is not yet at the age where I could leave him home alone while we were out of the country.
But you know those days are just around the corner. I'm thinking of grounding him now as a preemptive strike. Perhaps I could start after the parent/teacher interviews this afternoon as a trial. If I thought I could get away with it, I'd be erecting the barrier fence just like the one around the pool.
And what would happen?....Some bird would fly in and make herself at home, just like in this picture really.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful shot, great light and full of reflection. It is very good.

    ReplyDelete