-->

Wednesday, January 1, 2020

January 1. Day 1. In the driver's seat


Yay me.  I drove a car today.
Yeah that probably seems like an edition of Captain Obvious but for me it's front page news.
Sure I've had my driver's licence for approximately 35 years but I believe this is my first time behind the wheel on foreign soil.
We'd hired a car to drive into the Home Counties to do lunch with Charles' dad. Charles drove but after the meal he threw me the keys.
We both know that had we been in any country that drives on the right, I would have thrown the keys right back.
I'm am seriously directionally and spacially challenged. Truth is I often have a problem with left and right.
But in one of the few countries that chooses the left I took up the challenge with no worries.
It was a rather nice day and not just because of my bucket list achievement - it was nice to get out of the city and see a bit of the Surrey countryside around the area where Charles spent many years.
And the pie I had for lunch was pretty good too.









No comments:

Post a Comment