-->

Sunday, December 2, 2018

December 2. Day 337. Home again. Home again. Jiggety-jig

My mother would be horrified if I confessed to asking a stranger in a youth hostel kitchen for drugs.
But I did and I do not regret it at all.
My head started pounding as soon as we got back to the hostel from dinner.
I had a shower. No relief. I drank a tonne of water. Nothing.
I walked outside for a bit to see if escaping the oppressively hot and airless hostel room would help. It didn't. I tried going back to bed. I tried reading but my eyes wouldn't focus. We are talking migraine level feel like vomiting or crying or both. And then I came across the hostel night manager . I asked if he happened to have any pain relieving drugs. He came back with nurophen. I could have kissed him. It took the edge off just enough to allow me to get a few hours sleep until sunrise. I got up and walked on the beach. the world felt a bit brighter. I went back and slept and then it was time to go home.









No comments:

Post a Comment