-->

Monday, May 5, 2014

May 5. Day 125.Hot dog

If the hot air generated by whinging was enough to bring about climate change, Brisbane wouldn't be experiencing the current cold snap. The whole city seems to be discussing the unseasonal cold complaining that brisk westerly winds and single figure temps are not part of the deal we signed up to when deciding to live in Brisbane in May. Winter woolens and warm doonas are being pulled from the recesses of wardrobes across the city. While I admit to searching for warmer clothes, there has been no need to for extra bedding for two reasons. The first is that a thick doona is like a security blanket for me. I need it all year around. But in any event I didn't need to collect the extra layer because the extra layer came to me (here I am not talking about the large number of kilos that seem to have gravitated my way in the past year). The fur friend who normally starts the night at the foot of the bed and then sneaks up in pillow direction has decided that rather than sleep near me he should sleep on me and share warmth. All I can say is I am glad my dog of choice is not a great dame. Eight kilos of puppy fur is enough for anyone's head. But it's impossible to be angry with my little hot dog - he's far too cute and very warm too.

No comments:

Post a Comment