-->

Monday, August 6, 2012

August 6. Day 219. Easily distracted by shiny objects

I like things that sparkle and shine.
Yes, it is true that diamonds are a girl's best friend but I can be very happy with things that are much, much cheaper.
My "jewellery" collection is large but contains very few actual jewels. Mostly there are just a lot of bright, colourful things that catch the sun and sparkle and accessorise nicely.
Yep, if you wanted to lure me into your web, baiting with a shiny object would doubtless do the trick.
I think that's why my eye was drawn to this spider's web in the city Botanic Gardens today. A small shaft of afternoon sun was filtering through the trees along a very shaded section of path.
It was just enough cast an amazing light on this spider's web.
I doubt this effect would have pleased the spider greatly - I presume the idea of the web is to capture insects unaware not to shine like a beacon advising of your position - but it certainly had my attention.
Now if I could only figure out how to create a necklace just like it...

No comments:

Post a Comment