-->

Monday, August 27, 2012

August 27. Day 240. Sweet 16


"The best substitute for experience is being sixteen."
~ Raymond Duncan
As I remember it - and of course we are talking ancient history here so the recollections are very foggy -  there was nothing terribly sweet about being 16.
For a start that was Year 11 and that meant senior school assessment hell. Whoever wrote about school days being the best of your life obviously didn’t put the same amount of pressure on him/herself  in regards to exam results as I did. I loved the social side of school but the pressure to perform was stifling.
And of course being 16 means you are still in the middle of the teen angst years and there’s not much to recommend that either.
But that’s just me. My delightful niece Scarlett turned 16 today. I don’t have to live with her but from my completely non-objective point of view I do think she is indeed sweet.
Happy Birthday Miss Scarlett. XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment