-->

Tuesday, April 23, 2019

April 23. Day 113. Kingfisher calling

“The river is such a tranquil place, a place to sit and think of romance and the beauty of nature, to enjoy the elegance of swans and the chance of a glimpse of a kingfisher.” 
― Jane Wilson-Howarth, Snowfed Waters


I love my birds. It's weird really. I don't have a bird thing. But I think my camera has a bird thing. When I have a camera I see birds. I hear birds.
With no camera, I am Susan a crazy dog lady with no actual interest in in dogs. Today I had both camera and dogs. Talk about conflict of interest. I hear a noise in the trees on the boardwalk near the Powerhouse. I have the dogs on a lead.
 have a camera around the my neck.
Which Susan am I?
Shit.
I take a quick look.
A Kingfisher.
I don't have a single photo of a kingfisher in my album.
Photographic Susan fires into action.
She hands the leads over to Oliver and squats down on to the boardwalk.
The camera fires off. I am pleased with the results.
I love that small feathered friend.
That beautiful flash of blue. That beak.
You are a stunner, kingfisher.









No comments:

Post a Comment