-->

Thursday, October 25, 2018

October 25. Day 298. Dirty business




I should not wear white. EVER. I really should not wear white when taking the dogs for a walk. I really, really should never wear white when taking the dogs for a walk after heavy rain.
Basically I am a dirt magnet.
I was born to wear dark colours or patterns that hide marks.
Today I forgot that rule in spectacular fashion. The pants were not only white but new. They were first time on new. After visiting Margaret we went for a walk along Kedron Brook. Margaret had expressed disappointment at the lack of Kookaburras neat her room. I saw one. I climbed a grassy embankment to get closer. I got dirty. I said hi to passing sausage dog. It jumped on me. I got dirtier. The dogs ran down to the brook for a swim. Winkle started whimpering. She was on a log and afraid to move. The water wasn't deep but Winkle is really, really little. There was only one thing for it. I had to climb down the muddy embankment and rescue her.
Any thoughts of protecting the pants was long gone. In the end they are only pants ....









No comments:

Post a Comment