-->

Wednesday, June 6, 2018

June 6. Day 157. Squashed cane toad

It was an omen, I tell you. 

This afternoon, walking through the botanic gardens, I saw a cane toad. 

It was being consumed by an ibis.
The cane toad was no more. It was well and truly defeated.
As a dedicated follower of State of Origin football (not), I knew immediately what it meant.
It was a sure sign that the Queenslanders were going down tonight. Naturally, I didn't bother to actually watch the defeat - that will be 109th game in a row I've missed. I was at the theatre. Had I not had a pressing prior arrangement, I would have been cleaning the fluff out of my belly button or something.  At least I can be happy at the fact that one less cane toad is around to destroy the native wildlife.







No comments:

Post a Comment