-->

Sunday, September 6, 2015

September 6. Day 249. Splashes of colour

It pisses me off immensely. Of course it is a con. Of course it is Hallmark occasion if Hallmark still exists in a world where a Facebook post or a 140 characters of heart-felt sentiment will suffice. But like so many things Father's Day is about marketing not meaning but it gets to me just the same. Every Father's Day I miss my father and this year I feel the pain is compounded by the death yesterday of his only brother Eric. So your only choice is to celebrate the happy memories and the bright moments. And of course, Hallmark occasion or not, there was a slap up breakfast and gifts for the Dad in our house. It might be a con but telling the people we love that they are the people we love is an opportunity we should never let pass us by.







No comments:

Post a Comment